Downside Of Online College Degrees
If you would search the internet, there are different testimonies on how online learning could cater to the needs and limitations of different students, whether they are single parents, working or with disabilities. Online education also tends to be more affordable than regular or traditional college. Its flexibility and lower cost are definitely among the primary reasons why there wee about 3.9 million online students as early as 2007 according to the Sloan Consortium.
There are two sides of a coin, everything has it benefits and downsides. One side could outweigh the other but knowing both sides would help a person come up with a guided decision. The same thing applies to online college degrees. Although there are many benefits, online college education is not for everybody. There are things that should be considered and there are also limitations.
• Time management is important for students who are studying online. Since they are able to choose to complete their assignments and school work at a time convenient for them, there is a tendency for students to procrastinate. Students must be able to juggle family, work and studying into their schedule.
• Self-discipline is important. Although students could work or set the schedule according to their free time, this could also work against them. Lack of self-discipline or self-motivation to do the assignments or lectures could lead to failure.
• Since online education requires familiarization and usage of technology, it is important that students would be able to navigate in software and programs frequently used by the educator or the course. There are students who have limited access to internet connection or even use of a decent computer.
• If you do have a working computer and internet connection, you may encounter connection problems. This can cause delays with getting your lessons done.
• Most of the courses online are self-learned. Readings and lectures are read by the students on their own time. There are no classroom lectures. However, there are some online programs that would require students and teachers to meet during orientation or examinations.
• There are also some students who would get the motivation from classmates and teachers. However, with online education, there are no, or limited face-to-face sessions, making human interaction less. Eventually, you would have to work on your own. For some, lack of interaction with classmates could lead to poor participation while it may prove beneficial for others. Different from traditional colleges, online students would not be able to expand their horizons by joining different organizations, student unions, clubs, etc.
• Another limitation is that most online college degrees require students to be adept with the English language. Foreign students may encounter difficulties, but rest assured, internet and site developers would surely be able to address this in the near future.
Instant College Admission Essay Kit
Tell Others About Us
More ArticlesWho Could Take Online College Degrees?
Online College Degrees Catch Up With Industry Changes
Avoid Diploma Mills When Pursuing Online College Degrees
Downside Of Online College Degrees
Understanding Online College Education And Degrees
Why Earn Your College Degree Online
What To Remember When Scouting For Online College Education And Degrees
Learn More About Online College Degrees
Popular Online College Degrees
Pros And Cons Of Online College Degrees
Pump Up Your CV: The Benefits Of An Online College Degree
Usual Requirements For Online College Degrees
Paying Your Way Through Your Online College Degree
Secrets On Not Dropping Out Of Your Online College Degree
Common Online College Degrees Offered
Exposing Online College Degree Myths
Applying For An Online College Degree